Holiday season is upon us and I couldn’t be more excited! The year is literally flying away and it’s kind of sad but honestly, I’m ready for all the decorations, food, and fun! This weekend I got to visit a pumpkin patch and it put me in my feels. Yes, it was 90 degrees and yes, I took pictures in cardigan and I sweated my butt off but it’s me getting in my fall vibes! Today I’m going to be sharing a fun fall treat! I made these adorable and super easy Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats!
I’m a huge fan of rice krispy treats and lately I’ve been craving them more than EVER! Whenever Hurricane Harvey was going on I decided to pick some up and since then I can’t stop (sorry not sorry). The best thing about this is that you don’t need a lot to get them done and they don’t take a lot of time!
I think these would be great treats for so many things! If you have kids you can create these with them, you can give them to your friends & family for the fall/Halloween, Halloween parties, or fall time events! There are so many great ways to share them! I’m all about spending little to no money and something that doesn’t take a lot of time.
These are perfect for people that want to make something but don’t necessarily want to bake something (AKA always me). I’ve shared a full recipe down below and hope it can help many of you who are going to events or parties. Also for those of you that have kids you can totally go above and beyond and buy all kinds of icings and colors for them to get creative (I know my little sister would like that 🙂 ).
If you try out the recipe or have any questions on it please let me know!
- 6 Cups of Rice Crispy Cereal
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 cups of Mini Marshmallows
- Red & Yellow Food Coloring
- 12 Mini Marshmallows
- Green, Red, and Yellow Food Coloring
- Pour 6 cups of rice crispy cereal into a mixing bowl. Take the yellow and red food coloring. Put 4 drops of each color into the rice crispy bowl and mix.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add in the mini marshmallows. Mix together until blended and melted.
- Pour the butter and marshmallow mixture into the mixing bowl. Mix together until all the rice crispy cereal is coated.
- On a baking sheet, lay down wax paper. Grabbing a handful of the rice crispy mixture, roll the rice crispy mix into a ball. (You can spray some cooking spray on your hands so the mixture doesn't stick) Repeat until you've gone through all the mixture.
- Taking the 12 mini marshmallows for the stem and leaf, pull apart the marshmallows in half.
- Grabbing two sandwich bags or bowls, put 12 halves in one bag/bowl, other 12 halves in one bag/bowl.
- Taking the Red & Green Food Coloring, drop one drop of each color in one bag/bowl. This will make the brown stump. If it looks to dark, you can add a drop of the yellow food coloring to make it a lighter brown.
- For the second bag/bowl of marshmallow halves, grab the Green Food Coloring, and use one drop for the leaves.
- Place the stump on the top of the pumpkin (rolled up rice crispy ball) and put a little pressure to make it stick. For the leaves, fold the marshmallows in half and stick it next to the stump.