Good Morning everyone!
I hope everyone is off to great start today. I woke up early to take care of somethings for “ze blog” and I went shopping early this morning before the mall was full. It was so nice because as I was leaving it got packed (thank goodness for waking up early!). So, I guess you can say I’ve already completed my day! (But not really)
As you can tell by the title, today’s post is about reflection of this year, as well as goals for the new year. I don’t like to use the word “resolution” because I feel it gives bad luck, at least for me. Every time I make a “New Year’s Resolution,” I tend to not stick to it. Is anyone else like that? It might just be me.
Let’s start with major things that happened this year for me.
1. Went to my favorite city, New York.a. Many of you may not know this about me but it literally is my favorite city! Some people don’t like it because it’s crowded & cold but I love it. I don’t see it that way at all, so any time I get to go during the year it’s an awesome thing for me!
2. Hit quarter mark
a. I turned 25 this past year! I kept thinking how scary it sounded to be “25” but I’ve learned a lot this past year and can’t wait to see what turning 26 will bring!
3. Went to Disney World!a. Okay yes I’m 25 years old and I had never been to Disney! Also I am a huge Disney freak (yes I said it) so many people were shocked to hear it was my first time. It was a huge thing on my bucket list and now I can successfully cross it off!
4. Got a new car!
a. So, I upgraded my baby this year and I am so happy with my car! I might not have been in the color I wanted (it’s blue) but it has four wheels, moves, and has an awesome audio system. Oh, and a sunroof which was a huge thing for me!
5. Started my blog!
a. Okay so I was going to put this as number 1 but I thought it might be to cliché. Nonetheless I am super super happy that I could start this blog! It’s something I had debated on for a while and with the help of friends & family I was finally able to do it! I’m still learning a lot but I’ve also learned a lot.
6. Adopted my doga. Of course, this list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning my baby Bubbles! She has brought so much joy to my life and I learn more about her every day! She has so much energy and is just as sweet as can be. I’m so happy she chose me to be her mommy. 🙂
7. Trip to Sin Citya. Lots of traveling went on this list and this one was also on my bucket list. I guess this year was all about traveling, which isn’t a bad thing. 😉 As many of you know I recently took a trip to Las Vegas and had a blast! There are some many thing I still want to do so another trip will definitely be happening!
New Year’s Goals
1. Start working out again.
a. Before I started my full-time job, I was always eating right and going to the gym. I kept up with it for about 4 months and then everything came to a stop. Don’t get me wrong I’ve worked out after that and tried dieting but it just hasn’t been something constant. This year I want to make it constant and with the help of some of my holiday gifts (and the Victoria Secret Semi Annual sale!) I should be back to where I would like to be.
2. Make it to church more often.
a. This was a goal of mine about 2 years back and I did great! I went every Sunday and now it’s kind of been more like every other Sunday. I really like that faith is something that I share with my boyfriend and that it’s something that has somewhat tied us together. I definitely need to start going back every Sunday.
3. Save some more money.
a. Someday I would like to buy a house (I mean who doesn’t?) and I need to start saving more money than I am. Don’t get me wrong I have money stashed away but I know I could be better about this.
4. Grow my blog!
a. Again going to start with this but I feel like it’s such a cliché. Every blogger (no matter new or old) wants to grow their blog! As I mentioned, I’ve learned so much these past 6 months and I know there is so much more. Eventually, it would be nice to turn this into my full-time job as so many bloggers have. It’s not only a goal of mine but also a dream.
5. Be a bit more organized.
a. Okay so those who know me think that I’m organized (at least that’s what they say) but I think I could be a bit more organized. With work & play I feel like I’ve got it in the bag but my god could I be better at home! I feel like one day I clean and the next day it’s like a tornado hit. Those who keep their home clean 100% of the time please give me some tips!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading about this year and what I’m looking for next year. A lot of great things came this year and I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for me. Let me know what are some of your goals for the upcoming year down below!