Middle of week guys we are almost there! I’m super excited for the weekend because well Memorial Day! I’m not 100% sure what my plans are just yet but I know it will be something fun! On another note today I’m going to be talking about an this easy acai bowl that I shared on my Instagram stories. I got so many requests for this so I decided why not! I love them and hope you love them too!
Acai bowls are super yummy, filled with fruit, and are great for you! Technically while on Whole 30, they aren’t acceptable. The only reason is because they don’t want you to drink your food (aka smoothies which is more or less the base of the acai bowl) but they prefer you got the satisfaction of eating it. Nevertheless this is my third time doing Whole 30 so I just eat this because A. it’s easy and B. it honestly gets me full for such a long time and it’s perfect for me to eat before I go to the gym! Also all the ingredients are completely Whole 30 so I’m not breaking the cleanse. Now onto the acai bowl recipe.
-1 Unsweetened Acai Packet (bought mine from Trader Joe’s)
-Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Taking the Acai Packet, run under hot water for about 10 seconds.
- In a blender, blend half of the banana and add ½ a cup of almond milk.
- Open the Acai packet and add that into the blended mix. Once that is blended I take about a cup of ice and add it to the mix. This will make the mix thicker.
- Cut up the rest of the banana, strawberries, and blackberries. If you want to use different fruits or one fruit that is also okay!
- This is the optional part because some like to have an all fruit acai bowl but some have granola or nuts. Since I can’t have granola on Whole 30 I chose cashews. Also I added coconut flakes and a bit of sea salt. It gives a great salty and sweet mixture.
As I said it’s really simple and so stinkin good! Trust me you totally have to try out this amazing acai bowl! I’m pretty sure I have one at least once a week. (Okay maybe twice). They are perfect for breakfast and really don’t take that long to make! This is a better alternative to those who have yogurt with fruit too!
Hope you guys have a great rest of your day!