Good Morning beautiful people!
I hope everyone is having a fabulous day so far and is ready to start their weekend! I mean if you don’t want to start your weekend… you might be sick. 🙂 But in all seriousness as most people know I will be celebrating my Halloween festivities and going out of town to New Orleans! I’m very excited because this trip has many firsts for me! Don’t worry I will definitely be blogging all about it!
So this morning I woke up thinking I really love the fall… and then I went outside and I thought to myself why? Well luckily for you guys I have 5 reasons why I do & don’t love this time of year! Don’t get me wrong it still stands as my favorite but there are some things I can live without!
- So obviously as I’ve mentioned before the color are my jam! I love the deep reds, purples, greens, yellows, and oranges. I think they are absolutely beautiful and since we don’t get a drastic seasonal change in Texas, seeing the colors in clothes & beauty make all the difference to me.
- So again in Texas it stays 90% summer and 10% whatever it decides. So on the days that are 10% where the weather gets a little chilly I always give myself the excuse of bringing out the boots! (yes I am one of those girls you will see with a 2-degree change wearing boots)
- This also has to do with the colors and that we don’t have a huge seasonal change. Pumpkins to me mean we are getting ready for some change and then later the holidays!
- Pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING
- So yes I’m obsessed and basic when it comes to this (#noshame) but really guys if you haven’t tried anything pumpkin RUN NOW! Go to your nearest Starbucks and order a PSL. (LIFE CHANGER) Or if you aren’t a coffee person go to your nearest grocery store I promise they will have something pumpkin related. (I mean it’s like the law or something to carry it during this time of year.)
- Fall TV Shows
- I mean there are so many good shows on at this time! Scream Queens, How to Get Away with Murder, Ben & Lauren, Once Upon a Time, Empire, etc. If you love TV shows the fall season tends to have some of the best of the best.
- So as I mentioned above the weather in Texas SUCKS. I mean it’s cool for maybe a total of 48 hours and that’s if you’re lucky. Other than that the next day its back in the 90s and who can get excited about fall with that kind of temperature. NOT ME!
- Back to School
- I mean I’m not in school anymore but that doesn’t mean everyone else isn’t. The traffic in Houston goes from bad to worse! I don’t live that far from my job but there are days that seem like a nightmare getting to work and it all starts when everyone goes back to school. To all the people who hated me about a little over a year ago I am SO sorry!
- Okay I’m not talking about the cute Halloween decorations people put up or even the fun and festive fall decorations that can easily translate into Thanksgiving. I’m talking about CHRISTMAS! People I haven’t even sipped my PSL and you’re trying to shove Christmas decorations in my FACE! Please put down the holly and tinsel and back away from the tree!
- See this is a con for me not because I don’t like fashion (I mean anyone that knows me can vouch that I love fashion) but because I can’t enjoy it! The weather sucks and its hot and now I’m not wearing my cute blanket scarf (even though I promise I want to). All those cute clothes I got from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that I should be enjoying cause it’s technically fall… NOPE. It’s hanging in my closet until the moment is right. Boots are another thing but everything else kind of has to wait its turn.
- I love the Holidays people! I mean I really do! But does anyone else get anxiety thinking about what’s about to come and what that means for you. The crowds, the chaos… OMG just typing that gave me a bit of anxiety! I don’t know why it happens every year! But once I pop in a pie for Thanksgiving and plan a date to go to the storage to get all the Christmas decorations out it all magically goes away!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know what are some of your favorite things about fall and what are some of your least favorite!